Hey guys, over the past few days I’ve been seeing a lot of people requesting for a detailed insight into all the building cards, including inferno tower, cannon,etc. I will tell you guys all about them, including their Pros and Cons.
The inferno tower is unlocked at P.E.K.K.A’s Playhouse (Arena 4). At level 1, it has 800 hitpoints, 50-1000 damage per second as the attack duration increases, and with a range of 6 tiles, costs 5 elixir.It can distract troops from far away. Moreover, it can target Air and ground troops and has a lifetime of 40 seconds. Let’s discuss the Pros of the inferno tower:
- The inferno tower deals low damage in the beginning when it just strikes the target, but as the attack duration increases, the damage increases to more than 1000 per second, making it the best defense against high hitpoint troops like PEKKA, Golem, Prince,etc.
- The inferno Tower can target both Ground and Air units making it the best defense against air troops like the Baby dragon and the Lava Hound.
- Since it has a Range of 6 tiles, It can distract and pull troops from far away towards itself, giving the arena tower some more time to kill it.
- The inferno tower has an appreciable amount of health and can single- handedly take down troops like the hogs and Valkyrie.
- The Biggest negative of the inferno tower is that it takes quite a lot of time to charge,i.e, deal a god amount of damage, which makes it vulnerable to low hitpoint troops like goblins and spear goblins, which can bring it down to almost zero health.
- An effective counter to the inferno tower is putting low hitpoint troops like goblins or skeletons in front of your main attacking force so that the inferno tower is busy taking the low hitpoint troops down while your main troop like the hog or Royal Giant takes it down.
- it has a 40 second lifetime which can sometime allow the enemy to wait it out and then push.
In my opinion you should always put the inferno tower down only after the enemy has dropped his main troop like the PEKKA or golem ( otherwise it will be brought down to a low health due to the timer) and always back it up with troops like the wizard or musketeer in case the enemy drops down some troops to distract the Inferno Tower.
The cannon unlocks in Barbarian Bowl (Arena 3) And is one of the most popular defenses in the game right now, thanks to all the Hog-cycle Decks that have been coming up. At level 1 it has 380 hitpoints ,with a damage per second of 75, Range of 5.5 tiles, and lifetime of 30 seconds. Let’s discuss the Pros and Cons:
- The elixir cost of cannon is 3, making it the cheapest defensive tower in the entire game.
- Thanks to it’s low elixir cost, it is available for defending at almost all the time during the game.
- The cannon is the number 1 counter to the Hog rider push and can almost completely take down a Hog Rider coming towards it if not backed up by some other troop.
- Since it costs only 3 elixir, it is a part of all the Hog Cycle decks.
- It is also very handy in taking down troops like giant, Valkyrie, mini pekka,etc.
- The cannon has a health of only 380 at level 1 and can be single handedly taken down by a bunch of low-elixir troops like spear-goblins, archers,etc. A level 1 princess can take a similar level cannon down in about 5 shots.
- The cannon has a lifetime of only 30 seconds, making it very easily counter-able by either dropping a poison or fireball which will allow you to wait it out and then go ahead with you massive push to wreck the enemy down.
- The cannon CANNOT target air units, so you can easily take it down by using a baby dragon and minion horde, or perhaps start with your push with the balloon or lava hound.
- Due to its low health it cannot completely stop the Hog rider and if backed up correctly the hog rider can even take it down in just 1 shot and then damage the enemy’s tower.
Just like the inferno tower, only drop the cannon once the enemy has drooped his main pushing unit. Backing the cannon with other troops is also extremely important as otherwise due to the cannon’s low hitpoints, it will get taken out before taking out the enemy’s troop.
Just like the inferno Tower, the tesla tower also unlocks in the PEKKA’s Playhouse. It costs 4 elixir and at level 1 has 420 hitpoints, a Range of 5.5, and with a damage per second of 80, it sure is a force to be reckoned with. It can target both air and ground units. Let’s discuss the Pros and Cons now:
- The main feature of the tesla is that it is hidden underground from sight of the enemy’s troops until they come close to it, making it not affected by direct damage.
- It has a really high damage for a 4 elixir cost building making it an excellent counter to troops such as the hog rider and giant and low elixir troops which it can kill in 1 shot.
- Since it can attack both air and ground units it acts and an intermediate between the inferno tower and cannon, has low health, the average elixir cost but high and stable damage unlike the inferno.
- It is an excellent counter to the lava hound and the baby dragon since it has a fast hit speed with high damage
- The tesla has low health and can be taken down by a minion horde or even a baby dragon.
- Since it has a lifetime of 40 seconds you can just wait it out by preparing for your big push. Dropping elixir pumps to kill time is a good idea/
- Since it is hidden from sight until troops come close to it, you can use this ability against itself. Drop your hog and immediately freeze the tower as well as the tesla BEFORE IT POPS UP. This will make the Hog Rider ignore it and go straight towards the tower and ignore the tesla.
Just like the inferno tower, only drop the tesla once the enemy has drooped his main pushing unit. Backing the tesla with other troops is also important as otherwise due to the tesla’s low hitpoints, it will get taken out before taking out the enemy’s troop.
The bomb tower is the first defense unlocked in the game. It unlocks in the Bone Pit (Arena 2). At level 1, it has 900 hitpoints, with an area damage of 100, a range of 6 tiles, and a lifetime of 40 seconds.It costs 5 elixir, the same as an inferno tower. Let’s discuss the Pros and Cons now:
- The bomb tower does area damage, making it an excellent counter to hordes of troops like barbarian, spear goblins,etc.
- The bomb tower has a high health, in fact , the highest of all pure defensive buildings, making it an excellent counter to troops such as the hog rider, Mini pekka, Dark Prince, etc.
- With a range of 6 tiles, the bomb tower can target as well as distract troops from far away.
- The bomb tower CANNOT target air units, making it completely ineffective against troops such as lava hound and baby dragon.
- A single baby dragon or a trio of minions can take down the bomb tower from out of range of the crown towers if it is placed 2 tiles away from the river.
- Troops such as the musketeer can take it down from your side of the arena and a Royal giant can take it down from out of range.
Just like all pure defenses, only drop it when an enemy drop a unit. But unlike other defenses, you need to back it up because of its high health and area damage.
There are 2 semi or part defensive part shooting defensive buildings, namely the Mortar and The X-bow. Both of these buildings can be used on defense as well as on offense, hence the name.
Mortar at a time was absolutely overpowered dude to its ability to shoot towers from the other side of the arena. It was never really used on defense but its does have a lot of uses if used properly. It can be used to take out your enemy’s defensive buildings from your side of the arena and due to its splash damage it can take out barbarians and other ground troops. It cannot attack air units.
The X-bow was at one point the most hated card in the game since it could shoot at towers at an insane speed from the other side of the map. The fact that buildings could be placed in front of it just made the players hate it even more. However , on defensive , the x-bow is excellent against hordes of troops due to its very fast attacking and re-targeting speed. It cannot, however, just like the mortar, target air troops.
Thanks for reading this guide till the end. I hope you enjoyed reading it and hopefully it will help you push higher in the game. Stay Tuned for more tips and guides on things in the game. See you in the arena!