Hey guys, today I’m gonna be discussing about the Legendary Cards in the game, their positives and how to counter them. There are 5 Legendary Cards: Princess, Ice Wizard, Lava Hound, Miner, and Sparky. Let me start with Sparky.
Sparky: It”s description says: “Sparky has a heavy-handed approach to life: Obliterate everything in sight.” It unlocks in the Builder’s Workshop(Arena 6) and does area damage to all GROUND troops, as it cannot target air troops. A level 1 sparky has 1200 hitpoints, 260 damage per second, and a massive 1300 AREA DAMAGE , with a range of 4.5 but having a 5 second hit speed & having a “slow” movement speed.
- Sparky is capable of taking out high hitpoint troops – a Giant or a P.E.K.K.A for example, in just a few hits.
- As the Sparky deals immense damage, it is best used as a high damage backup troop, placed behind a meat shield like the Golem , P.E.K.K.A., Lava Hound or Giant.
- 2 Sparkys can take out Giants and P.E.K.K.A quickly if upgraded sufficiently or if the tanks are under leveled. (2 level 1 Sparkys deal 2600 damage at level 1, leaving a level 5 Giant with around 300 hitpoints and killing a level 1 P.E.K.K.A)
- The most effective strategy which can be used with the Sparky is, placing a Dark Prince in front of it, which will kill the swarms of troops coming at the Sparky while the Sparky itself destroys the Tower.
- If you don’t have the Dark Prince though, using a Bomber or Princess behind the Sparky can be a great idea as well.
- The biggest vulnerability of Sparky is it’s slow attack speed, of about 5 seconds, which leaves it vulnerable to all kinds of swarm troops like Skeleton Army and even the 1 Elixir Skeletons if spread correctly!
- The best way to kill a lone Sparky is dropping shielded troops, i.e Dark Prince or guards. This is because the shield will absorb the first hit of the Sparky, and then the guards/ Dark Prince will take it out before it takes another hit in. Simple!
- Sparky’s inability to target air troops leaves it vulnerable to Minions and Minion Hordes.
- Another effective counter to Sparky is dropping cheap troops like Goblins, Skeletons, or Minions and zapping it immediately, resetting its attack and thus making it charge for another 5 seconds before it can attack.
Using Inferno tower and zapping sparky is also a good counter.
MINER:The description says-“The Miner can burrow his way underground and appear anywhere in the Arena. It’s not magic, it’s a shovel.”Just like Sparky, the Miner also unlocks in the Builder’s Workshop(Arena 6). It is a single target, melee troop, that does 40% of his damage to Crown Towers.At Level 1, it has 1000 hit-points, 133 damage per second, and 64 damage to Crown Towers. It can hit only ground troops.
- The major positive point of the Miner is that it can be deployed anywhere on the Arena, making it an excellent counter for taking out troops like Princess, Wizard, Musketeer,Witch , etc placed behind heavy troops like Giant. This results in an UNBELIEVABLE positive Elixir trade, which will give you the edge in a battle.
- Another great usage of the Miner is that it can be used to take out spawners and huts, which will also give you the upper hand in battle.
- It can also be used to take out a Tower at a very low health even if the enemy places buildings near it.
- Since it costs only 3 elixir, it can be used as a support troop to your main troops like Hogs, Giant, etc.
- Since you can see the path of the miner as he digs through the arena, you can predict where he’s going and drop your troops there.
- Being single target, it is very weak against hordes of troops, which can easily distract and kill him.
ICE WIZARD:The descriptions says:“This chill caster throws Ice Shards that slow down enemies’ movement and attack speed. Despite being freezing cold, he has a handlebar mustache that’s too hot for TV.”The Ice Wizard unlocks in Spell Valley(Arena 5), and does area damage to ground and air troops, slowing them down in the process. A level 1 Ice Wizard has 700 health and does 63 area damage , with a hit speed of 1.5 seconds. Here is some information about it.
- The Ice Wizard can deal with swarms well because of his moderate area damage. Nevertheless, it is also a good counter for opposing troops with higher health, notably slowing enemy units’ movement and attack speed.
- Due to its low DPS and ability to slow down enemy troop movement and attack speed, the Ice Wizard is widely used to support high hitpoint units, such as the Giant or the Giant Skeleton.
- It can be used to slow down troops and their attack speed like Musketeer, allowing your main troop to push forward and last longer.
- The Ice Wizard on defense is also really good as it will slow down the enemy troops or other troops can kill the incoming wave.
- The Ice Wizard can be counter by using the Miner as it can dig its way, avoiding all troops.
- Minion Horde and Barbarians are also a good way to counter the Ice Wizard and after that you can push forward with your own troops
- A cheaper counter to a lone Ice Wiz is using Archers or melee Goblins, or even 1 Elixir Skeletons when the Ice Wiz in in range of the Tower.
PRINCESS:The description says:“This stunning Princess shoots flaming arrows from long range. If you’re feeling warm feelings towards her, it’s probably because you’re on fire.”The princess unlocks in Royal Arena (Arena 7) .Along with the Ice Wizard and the Miner,it is the cheapest legendary in the game, costing only 3 Elixir.At Level 1 sit has 216 hitpoints, 140 area damage but a hit speed of 3 seconds.
- The Princess has an insane range and can shoot Towers and other troops from out of range, making it one of the best cards in the game
- It does area damage and can take out hordes of troops in at-most 2 shots.
- A very good strategy is using it with the Hog Rider and Freeze such that the Hog damages the Tower while the Princess kills all defensive troops that the opponent drops.
- The Princess can also be used to shoot at Towers from your side of the Arena, forcing the enemy to work something out and perhaps even panic.
- It can even be used to finish off Towers which are at a low health.
- The Princess has a very low health which makes it fragile to arrows or fireball.
- Small Elixir troops like Skeletons and Goblins can also kill her ONLY after she has focused on to a high health target.
- The Miner is the perfect counter as it can take her out and damage nearby troops as well.
- Minions and Minion Hordes can also be used to kill it and those troops can be used to create a counter push with other troops like the Hog Rider.
LAVA HOUND :The description says:“The Lava Hound is a majestic flying beast that attacks buildings. The Lava Pups are less majestic angry babies that attack anything.”The Lava Hound is the earliest Legendary Card unlocked in the game, in the P.E.K.K.A. playhouse. A Level 1 Lava Hound has 2900 health and 26 DPS. Upon death, it splits into 6 Lava Pups, which have no preferred target and deal more damage than the Lava Hound, but have low hitpoints.
- The Lava Hound is a good air-tank with high hitpoints, so it is best used as a meat-shield for weaker troops like Minions and Minion Horde.
- The Lava Hound does little damage on its own, so you need to support it with high-damage cards ,ideally, cards with more range than it like the Musketeer
- A good strategy is Lava Hound followed by Balloon and Arrows in case the person drops Minions or Minion Horde to counter it.
- Lava Hound followed by Goblins or Goblin Barrel can be destructive.
- The Inferno Tower is an excellent counter to the Lava Hound, as it deals high damage to the Lava Hound while the Tower doesn’t take much damage in return.
- A well placed Zap can take out all of its pups after its death
- Another superb counter o the Lava Hound is Tesla and Archers or Minion horde.
- The Lava Hound does very little damage on its own, thus is very weak unless supported with other troops.
That’s it for this article clashers. I hope you will apply the above tactics in game and come out above. See you in the Arena!